Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Grant's room, the zoo and 40 weeks

Finally, I mostly have the baby's room up and working towards my vision. I really wanted a seafoam and gray nursery but had such a hard time finding anything seafoam that I went with mint and green. I love it. I repurposed the dresser off Craiglist, found this awesome rug on Urban outfitters for a steal and I love the animal heads. I don't really have a theme but what little boy doesn't like Rhinos and deer? I can't wait to have some baby pictures to fill the frames with. I do have one more project to make a baby mobile but JR's not very happy I'm not putting up our Louisville Cardinal one. Blame it on Pinterest.
The wood floors, bright paint and decor make this room feel so big and airy. I love it.
JR built my pallet wall and shelf. I just need to do some tweaking on the frames and eventually fill them with sweet little baby pictures.
Our book wall. The sun was perfect this morning to capture my pregnant shadow. I can't wait until it's me holding a baby and not carrying it in my belly.
The 1970s Lazy Boy recliner given to us by JR's grandma. We love that chair and now it looks so good. And the best part is that it only cost my $40 in fabric and lots and lots of hours of work but was a great experience. I don't know if I'll ever reupholster something so complex while being sooo pregnant but I do have another chair that needs a facelist.
JR built shelves in this akward little closet and it has give me so much more storage and functionalit. I love my handy man and I love that I can say he's a handy man after all these years.
Double sided minky blanket that's big enough for mommy and daddy when we rock.
My big boys love to read in the baby's room.
40 weeks and no sign of baby. Since the other two were early this one was been driving me crazy trying to guess when he'll come. It has given me an awesome time and purpose to pray for patience and waiting on the Lord's timing instead of my own.
A trip to the zoo on JR's birthday and Grant's due date. The boys were so excited to feed the giraffes but man was it hot. I figured some walking wouldn't hurt and might speed up the labor progress.

No comments: