Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter, hair cuts and jobs

So the Friday before Easter JR had an interview. The important part is that he got the job. Yea! I knew he would as we've seen God's timing in our lives over this past year. He's been with us even though things haven't been the way we would have liked them. He knows better and we are thankful for that. 

The other part of JR having an interview is that he left his beard trimmer on the guest bathroom sink. I faintly heard some bussing while I was feeding the baby but when Lincoln asked me if he got a haircut I knew exactly what had happened. As I put my hands to my face in horror and asked him what he had done my heart melted as his little face just fell and he cried. I'm trying to hard to remember that their reactions are based upon our reactions. I hugged him and told him I would cut his hair a little bit and I didn't have to tell him not to do it again. He's been telling everyone all weekend he didn't do a good job and his hair was broken so I was making him wear a hat. I love that boy. All kids cut their hair or someone else's so at least he didn't get Wyatt or Grant involved. Sigh. 

Easter was wonderful. We had an egg hunt at church the day before Easter, and egg hunt at our house and then Grandma Huff's Easter lunch and Ma and Pa's dinner and egg hunt. It was exhausting and wonderful all at the same time. We still have to make it out to Mamaw and Papaw's next weekend to see them. The boys are always disappointed we don't see everyone but it's just too exhausting and poor Grant has had a cold and been neglected due to all of the festivities. He just wants sleep and mommy's attention. 









No comments: